HPC4E Project information
The objectives of the project will be achieved through activities organized in seven workpackages. These include Project management (WP1) and Dissemination and exploitation of project results (WP7). The technical work is organized in two transversal workpackages (WP2) and (WP3), and three vertical WP devoted to different energy sources (WP4), (WP5) and (WP6). Each workpackage has a european and a brazilian coordinator.
- WP1 Project management deals with the administrative and financial management of the project, including the monitoring and assessment of the quality of the project outcomes. EU coordinator: BSC. Brazil coordinator: COPPE.
- WP2 Disruptive Exascale Computer Architectures: This WP will group all the porting, tuning and testing efforts of the different simulations codes in the new proposed exascale computer architectures. We will analyse all the aspects related with the scalability and energy efficiency of the codes. EU coordinator: BSC. Brazil coordinator: INF-UFRGS.
- WP3 Simulators for Exascale Computations: This transversal work package aims at introducing innovative computational algorithms well suited to the numerical simulation of complex phenomena on exascale architectures. EU coordinator: INRIA. Brazil coordinator: LNCC.
- WP4 Atmosphere for Energy: This WP will deploy the complete applications required to design, optimize and forecast production of wind farms. EU coordinator: IBR. Brazil coordinator: CER-UFPE.
- WP5 Biomass for Energy: This WP will deploy the complete applications required to high-fidelity combustion simulations of biomass-derived fuels. EU coordinator: ULANC. Brazil coordinator: COPPE.
- WP6 Geophysics for Energy: This WP deploy the complete applications and workflows required for exploration geophysics. EU coordinator: REPSOL. Brazil coordinator: ITA.
- WP7 Dissemination and Exploitation: This WP will take care of all dissemination and exploitation activities. is concerned with the dissemination and exploitation of the knowledge and results of the project. EU coordinator: BSC. Brazil coordinator: COPPE.